Self-hypnosis is a powerful practice you can use at home to increase fertility success.
Did you know stress is a contributing factor in unexplained infertility?
But attempting to de-stress and relax isn’t the sort of switching off you do with a cup of tea or relaxing on the sofa.
What you’re aiming for is a deeper state of relaxation like self-hypnosis, where tension is released from the body on a physical level and your mind switches off.
Hypnosis reduces stress and anxiety and hypnosis is widely used to increase the chances of conception, either naturally or through IVF.
Hypnosis sessions with a hypnotherapist have proven to be so successful in fact, that now a specialised field of hypnosis exists, appropriately called HypnoFertility. Hypnosis treatments are particularly successful for couples who have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
5 minute daily practice of Self-hypnosis to ramp up your chances of conception success
Spend five minutes, once or twice each day in a relaxed state of hypnosis while reinforcing a new self belief that will begin to plant the seeds necessary to create pregnancy success
- Find a place where you will not be disturbed for a while. Settle yourself comfortably, either sitting or lying down. Close your eyes, get quiet and still, become aware of your breathing, relax… Let your head, neck and shoulders relax more with each breath. Feel your breath flowing through your nose, into your lungs and moving down into your abdomen as you relax even more. Feel your breath gently guide you, connect to your body in a loving way. See yourself drift within to the inner space where you will welcome your baby.
- Imagine yourself in a future moment, several months from now, happily pregnant. Feel the wonderful changes taking place in your body. Vividly create every detail in this future moment. Imagine the happy emotions. Feel the pleasant physical sensations as your baby starts stirring and kicking inside you. Make it very real!
- Feel yourself living each day being pregnant and healthy. Put yourself into this future moment and feel it as a NOW moment. Feel yourself living everyday as a happy, pregnant mum. What other emotions do you have now that you are pregnant? What other positive changes have happened in the process?
- Celebrate your success with your partner. Look back at the past from this future moment. Notice what it feels like to know that the two of you are going to be parents. You are going to have a baby… you have succeeded! How do you feel? Celebrate, feel the emotions of your success!
- To re-alert to wakeful state of awareness just take a few deeper breaths. Allow yourself a few moments, become more aware of your body as you wiggle your fingers and toes. Have a gentle stretch and feel refreshed and alert.
- Repeat the above visualisation and self-hypnosis, over and over. Do it every day, again and again.
- Self-hypnosis repetition is the key to success. The more time you spend practicing your self-hypnosis methods the better you’ll get, the more likely the chances of success.
- Stress, negative emotions, fear of giving birth or past trauma can be a contributing factor or an underlying symptom of infertility.
- Seek help from a trained hypnotherapist to help you overcome any underlying emotional causes of unexplained infertility
This article can be found on WikiHow
Written by: Katherine Ferris, clinical hypnotherapist, specialist in Hypnofertility
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy or if you want to make an appointment for a hypnofertility therapy session, please call Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist/Hypnofertility specialist in Sydney on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.