Insomnia is exhausting and causes emotional problems, frustration, fatigue, fogginess, lack of concentration, anxiety and irritability.
Sleep is vital for our sense of wellbeing, without it we do not function well during the day. Insomnia may also affect your long term physical health; being lethargic, lacking energy, causing digestive problems or general pain and discomfort.
I’m sure you will agree with me: the sooner you get some help, the sooner you will stop suffering.
But did you know that Hypnotherapy can be of help with improving symptoms caused by insomnia?
It can be a relief to learn that just a few Hypnotherapy for insomnia sessions can be of great help if you suffer from chronic insomnia. Hypnosis has been successful in improving sleep quality in sufferers of insomnia and sleep deprivation.
In the meantime here are several sleep hygiene tips that may improve your quality of sleep:
- Do not drink alcohol before bedtime: If you frequently wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, try to reduce any fluid intake several hours before bed.
- Do not drink caffeinated drinks before bedtime: Try warm milk or hot chocolate or calming herbal tea instead.
- Dinner and diet: Avoid ‘hot’ or spicy food, some meat dishes can be heavy to digest, avoid eating late meals or very large meals.
- Improve your bedroom environment: Keep it dark and quiet, try wearing earplugs if you have noisy neighbours.
- Reduce distractions: Don’t have any distractions in the bedroom such as TV or a computer.
- Remove electrical power plugs: Try not to have electrical items next to your bed – alarm clocks, electric blankets.
- Relaxation techniques to help you fall asleep: Calm the mind with breathing exercises, meditation or listen to hypnosis CDs.
When insomnia is left untreated, it is only a matter of time before one is faced with having to endure some unpleasant and stressful life experiences. The stressful experiences, particularly if compounded by trauma and left untreated, can cause a long and lasting negative impact.
As an experienced Hypnotherapist I know that insomnia has many different causes, and that the same treatment will not be for everybody. Together we will find a solution that is causing your insomnia problem.
Written by: Katherine Ferris, Clinical Hypnotherapist
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy for Insomnia or if you want to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session, please call Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist in Sydney on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.