Clinical Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis
Some people need help with relationships, some are depressed, anxious or stressed or have weight issues that have continued to bother them throughout their lives.
This is where hypnosis can be of help to many people.
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” Buddha
Clinical hypnotherapy helps to eliminate negative habits
Clinical hypnotherapy is a proven way to help you overcome bad habits. Did you know, all habits ‘good or bad’ are created in exactly the same way – ‘through repetition’? Common examples of bad habits are smoking or gambling.
Sometimes, we can be our worst enemy when we criticise ourselves, call ourselves names or put ourselves down. Negativity, stress and worry can get to be a habit and if we do it long enough, we will develop a belief or a habit that will get results we ‘don’t want’.
But, it is also good to know that habits are changeable. With hypnosis therapy you can tap into the immense intelligence of your subconscious mind to make lasting changes to bad habits or limiting beliefs. There is more to you than you’ve ever realised consciously.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” ~Aristotle
Hypnotherapy is used effectively to reduce negativity, stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, phobias and fears. Hypnotism has been of help with making positive changes to habits and addictions such as: binge eating, nail biting, gambling, smoking, alcohol, drug and substance abuse.
Clinical hypnotherapy can create a deep sense of achievement, determination and control, in areas such as weight management, to achieve a healthy body shape and size. Hypnotism can produce positive outcome for unexplained fertility issues and to increase confidence in many areas of your life, including public speaking.
Stop Smoking Hypnosis therapy is specifically designed to offer you a quick and effective method to quit smoking permanently. Stop Gambling hypnosis to help you stop betting and losing money on gambling.
In the same way hypnosis aimed for Weight Loss helps you to stop comfort eating or to stop chocolate and sugar addiction.
Hypnosis sessions are also designed to offer you an effective solution to beat insomnia with hypnotherapy.
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them”. Denis Waitley
Hypnotherapy Services and locations in Sydney
I am pleased to offer hypnosis and hypnotherapy services for emotional health and wellbeing, conveniently at two locations near you: 5/193 Macquarie Street, Sydney and at 129 Booth Street, Annandale, Inner West.
Below is some general information about hypnotherapy and how it can be of help. If you would like to discuss your personal situation with me, Katherine Ferris, a Registered Hypnotherapist, then please call (02) 9568 6801 or get in touch via the contact form.
The cost of each session of hypnotherapy is $210.00, and a session usually lasts an hour. Appointments can be booked directly online.
As a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist my focus is on communication with the subconscious mind. There is a wealth of data indicating that our mind and body are involved in constant two-way communication.
Like traffic on a highway, messages are sent from the cells of our body to the brain and from the brain to the body. Blocked emotions or unexpressed feelings create a traffic jam, resulting in emotional turmoil that can have a negative impact on our health and wellbeing. Hypnotherapy can be of help in resolving emotional turmoil.
Definition of Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is defined as a relaxed state of awareness, an inner absorption and concentration. Hypnosis is a focused state of internal awareness, it is not a sleep state. Hypnotherapy is also defined as a form of psychotherapy, used to create new responses, attitudes, behaviours or feelings. The state of hypnosis is frequently called a trance.
The experience of hypnotism is a normal state of mind, one that most people go in and out of every day. During hypnosis therapy the mind is open to visualising and creating a rich sensory experience. The more real this experience becomes, the more effect it has on our waking behaviour.
This is why Hypnosis CDs are highly recommended, they are therapeutic and particularly effective in eliminating many bad habits and symptoms of emotional stress.
Hypnotherapy for childbirth
Hypnosis therapy, hypnobirthing techniques provide the ideal choice for women hoping to have a drug-free, comfortable childbirth. Attending Hypnobirthing Classes, a method of childbirth education and self-hypnosis, is ideal for pregnant women who are fearful of giving birth. Hypnotherapy can help a pregnant mum stop smoking during pregnancy without any adverse side effects. Morning sickness and anxiety can be more easily managed with hypnosis.
What really happens under Hypnosis?
As I mentioned earlier, hypnosis therapy is a shift in focus, it is not a state of sleep. You will be aware of everything that goes on when you are undergoing clinical hypnotherapy.
You will actually find hypnosis to be a familiar experience, like when you drift off into a daydream or sink into a deep meditation. A good Hypnotherapist knows how to help you gently release blocks and fears, and create new inner beliefs that will set the wheels in motion to help make positive changes in the way you think, feel and behave.
During our clinical hypnotherapy session you sit in a comfortable chair listening to my voice guiding you. Your body steadily relaxes and your mind drifts off as you lose track of time. Words and sounds gradually become more distant… but the positive suggestions continue to affect you, quietly and almost automatically.
Is self-hypnosis easy to learn?
“Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer”. William S Burroughs
Yes, it is easy to learn self-hypnosis under the guidance of a skilled hypnotherapist. Once you have mastered it you can achieve it on your own, anytime. Watch this self-hypnosis video to learn how to do it. Entering hypnosis is simply a mind skill, and hypnotherapists commonly believe that regular hypnotism is nothing more than assisted self-hypnosis.
In fact, self-hypnosis is the goal in many therapeutic applications of clinical hypnotherapy, such as for pain management, stress management and natural childbirth. A trained clinical hypnotherapist can help you learn effective methods of hypnotism, to help you feel calmer and in control in any situation.
What symptoms can be helped with Hypnosis or Hypnotherapy?
- ADDICTIONS: Hypnotherapy helps overcome addictions
- ALCOHOL ISSUES: Clinical hypnosis is suitable for people suffering with alcoholism
- ANGER ISSUES: Hypnotism to manage anger and frustration
- ANXIETY: Hypnotherapy helps deal with anxiety
- BAD HABITS: Clinical hypnotherapy helps to improve bad habits
- BINGE DRINKING: Benefits of hypnosis for managing binge drinking
- BINGE EATING: Hypno-Gastric-Banding for eating disorders and binge eating
- BLUSHING: Clinical hypnotherapy is suitable for handling embarrassment and blushing
- CHRONIC FATIGUE: Article about chronic fatigue symptoms CFS
CHRONIC PAIN: Help for chronic pain
- CHILDBIRTH: Hypnobirthing for fear-free birth
- DEPRESSION: Hypnotism helps to manage depression
- DRUG ABUSE: Clinical hypnotherapy helps to reduce substance and drug abuse
- GAMBLING: Hypnosis to stop gambling
- IBS: Hypnotism helps manage Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- INFERTILITY: Hypnofertility helps with unexplained infertility
- INSOMNIA: Deal with insomnia and poor sleep habits
- JEALOUSY: Overcome jealousy and relationship issues
- LABOUR PAIN: Hypnobirthing for managing pain in childbirth
- LOW SELF ESTEEM: Clinical hypnotherapy helps with overcoming low self-esteem
- MOOD DISORDERS: Reduce emotional pain and mood disorders
- NAIL BITING: Hypnotism helps you to stop nail biting
- NEGATIVITY: Clinical hypnotherapy helps to stop worry and negativity
- PANIC ATTACKS: Hypnosis for overcoming anxiety and panic attacks
- PHOBIAS/FEARS: Hypnotism helps to release fears and phobias
- POOR CONCENTRATION/STUDY: Clinical hypnotherapy improves study and exam nerves
- POSTNATAL DEPRESSION: Dispel mood disorders, baby blues and postnatal depression
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: Clinical hypnotherapy improves public speaking confidence
- SELF CONFIDENCE: Hypnotism helps to uplift self-confidence and self-esteem
- STOP SMOKING: Hypnotherapy to quit smoking permanently
- STRESS: Gain stress relief with hypnosis
- TRAUMA: Clinical hypnotherapy helps to release all kinds of trauma and PTSD
- WEIGHT LOSS: Slim down, manage weight issues, stop comfort eating and overeating
Written by: Katherine Ferris, specialist in clinical hypnotherapy
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy or if you want to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session, please call Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnotist, Emotional Therapist in Sydney and Annandale, Inner West Sydney on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.