Struggling to free yourself from smoking? Need some help to quit?
I know first-hand how difficult it is to break the habit on your own.
I am here to help…
Below you will find 5 easy self hypnosis instructions and helpful hints to help you prepare to quit smoking.
Self-hypnosis is your key to FREEDOM!
Prepare the way ahead to quit
Set a date to quit.
Initially take a bit of time to prepare yourself mentally. Imagine as vividly as possible; that you are already a non-smoker.
Visualising yourself as a non smoker may sound too simple…
But it really does have a positive and lasting effect on your mind and body; especially if you do it regularly.
Get ready to start your quit smoking journey…
Here are 5 easy self-hypnosis instructions for quit smoking
- Step One… imagine yourself as a non-smoker
Close your eyes, get quiet, breathe deeply, relax… Now imagine yourself in the future – several months from now – happily being a non-smoker.
- Step Two… feel the freedom of being a non-smoker
Create every detail you can in this future moment. Imagine and feel the smile on your face, happy at the way you smell fresh and the way you breathe easily. Feel the physical sensations of breathing deeply when you walk and the freedom you experience as a non-smoker. Make it real! Your subconscious DOES NOT know the difference between a real and an imagined event.
- Step Three… feel yourself living as a non-smoker
Put yourself into this future moment and feel it as a NOW moment. Feel yourself living everyday as a carefree non-smoker. What health improvements do you notice now as a result of your new lifestyle as a non-smoker? What other positive changes have happened in the process?
- Step Four… celebrate your success as a non-smoker
Look back at the past from this future moment. Notice what it feels like to know that the old behaviour, the old habit is behind you. You are now a non-smoker… you have succeeded! How do you feel? Celebrate the freedom from cigarettes, feel the reassuring emotions of your success!
- Step Five… repeat above over and over
Spend just five minutes once or twice a day in this relaxed state with this new belief and it will begin to plant the seeds necessary to create the lasting change. Do it again and again…
Every day take the time to practice. Create the positive images in your mind and give yourself the future that is filled with success as a non-smoker.
Surely, a few minutes a day are worth it to create the lasting, positive change.
List of benefits of quitting smoking
Here is what Lung Foundation has to say about real benefits of quitting:
- Effects of quitting are immediate.
- Some 12 hours later, almost all nicotine will be out of your system.
- After 24 hours, the level of carbon monoxide in your blood will drop dramatically and you will have more oxygen in your bloodstream.
- Within 1 month, your blood pressure returns to its normal level and your immune system begins to show signs of recovery.
- Around 2 months after that, your lungs will no longer be producing extra phlegm caused by smoking.
- Being 1 year smoke free, reduces your risk of dying of heart diseases to half of what it would have been if you kept smoking.
Self-hypnosis is your key to FREEDOM!
Why not use hypnosis to help you achieve your goal to live your life as a non smoker. You may also find that a few sessions of hypnotherapy can help or a Hypnosis CD for stop smoking can be of enormous benefit in maintaining your quest to remain a non-smoker.
For more information on hypnosis to quit smoking or to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session, please get in touch. I’m Katherine Ferris, your local stop smoking specialist and a Registered Hypnotherapist in Annandale and Sydney CBD, call me on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.