Hypnobirthing techniques are very popular with pregnant mothers, because it helps them to prepare their bodies for a natural, fear free childbirth.
Your pregnancy can be a busy and exciting time in your life, although, many women tell me that as their due date gets closer, the more worried they become about the actual birth.
How about you?
Do you have silent worries tucked away in the back of your mind?
Well informed and well prepared hypnobirthing mums say they were calm and in good spirits, yet fully in control of their birth experience.
You can be too with the help of your very own hypnobirth.
Understanding what your body’s needs are, and how to meet those needs, is the first step in having a natural calm birth.
Endorphins – body’s natural opiates and pain relief – are available to birthing women as they let go of their fears. Just as fear and tension breed more fear and tension, calm and relaxation breed more of the same. Hypnobirthing techniques are the key to a peaceful, calm birth.
Planning a hypnosis birth at hospital or at home?
Whether you are planning to birth at a hospital, birthing centre or at home, hypnobirthing can be of help.
At the most basic level, a hypnosis birth gives you the knowledge you need about the physiology of birth, and the ability to trust yourself to get out of your body’s way and give birth in the way nature intended.
Hypnobirthing classes prepare you for a shorter, more comfortable birth and are designed for both you and your partner to attend.
- I just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful hypnobirthing session on Saturday – James and I both got so much out of it and are really excited about the final session this Saturday. We’ve been playing the CDs every night and practicing the breathing, and I feel very positive about being able to apply the hypnobirthing skills you are teaching me during the birth. Many thanks for teaching such a positive, practical course. ~ Dr. Angie D
The best time to attend a hypnobirthing course is between 22 and 34 weeks of pregnancy, giving you ample time to practice self-hypnosis and hypnobirthing breathing techniques.
Is pain free birth possible with hypnobirthing?
Let’s be real here, natural births are not sensation-free births, but hypnobirthing techniques can be of help to manage the sensations.
Just like when a runner finishes a marathon, she crosses the finish line, perhaps in pain, tired and sweating; but she also feels an endorphin rush, elation at having accomplished a great feat. It takes training and preparation, but it is worth it.
It is the same during natural hypnosis birthing. There may be feelings of pressure, tightening or intensity – but the body isn’t doing something to you; it is doing something for you.
By allowing your body to follow the path that was set from the beginning of time, babies are born more alert; mothers are more empowered and recover much quicker.
- After meeting you and doing the hypnobirthing, calm birth course, practicing and being a believer, I was able to make my dream labour and birth come true. Every woman should be mandatorily introduced to hypnobirthing as soon as they conceive!!! ~ Kerrie
Again, it takes hypnobirth training and preparation, but is well worth it.
Hypnobirthing CLASS BOOKING:
Booking is essential… Full class fee is $695 per one couple.
Payment in full is required at the time of booking to reserve your spot.
- Course Dates/availability – email enquiry
- Phone (02) 9568 6801 or Mobile: 0414 585 595
- Cancellation and refund policy
- SYDNEY CBD – 3 x Mondays: 5pm – 8:30pm
Suite 26, Level 5/193 Macquarie St, Sydney
- ANNANDALE – 2 x Saturdays: 1pm – 5pm
129 Booth St, Annandale
Birth stories and testimonials
Read birth stories below that many couples have shared about their hypnotherapy birthing experiences…
- I had plenty of time to get myself well and truly into the hypnobirthing zone and ultimately my active labour was relatively quick and very successful! And yes I do look back on it fondly, and with a sense of pride in all 3 of us! Rebecca, Kris and Evie
- The first stage of labour just felt like period pains and was manageable. I went into a bath for the second phase which wasn’t painful at all – I just felt pressure. The noises I made came as a bit of a surprise to me though! Clair, Rene and Zoe
- You will be pleased to know that the CD “Avoid Depression” in Mothers after the birth helps with bonding with the baby and is of great benefit. I actually really enjoy it!
I am reading an interesting book, which is about how a person’s experience in utero as well as in infancy and early childhood affects psychological and neural development. It has made me realise how enormously beneficial Hypnobirthing is. Not just for the birthing experience, but because of the relaxation during pregnancy and because it really facilitates a relaxed and positive attitude, towards the pregnancy and the baby and therefore, towards parenting. I am so sure that it is one of the reasons that Louis is a relaxed baby and why I feel calm and confident as a mother. I think that this aspect of Hypnobirthing is at least as important as the birthing experience and for me, was an entirely unexpected benefit! ~ Dr. T.N – Sydney
The hypnobirthing classes help you learn that you too can have a shorter, more comfortable birth. A birth that you can look back on fondly.
In the hypnobirthing training, you will learn, among other things; birth breathing, self-hypnosis and deep relaxation, to allow your body to take advantage of nature’s own analgesic. Attending the hypnobirthing classes and training your mind and therefore, your body, to relax during the months before your due date, enables you to automatically go into a deeply relaxed state, allowing your body to do what it knows to do – what it has known how to do since the beginning of time.
Not only will you learn to use the power of your mind through self-hypnosis during your hypnobirthing classes, but you will gain effective pain-management and pain relief skills.
- Hypnobirthing training teaches you to learn what a contraction feels like and the best way to manage each one.
- In your hypnobirthing classes you will practice specific breathing methods for each stage of birth and explore better positions
- During your hypnobirthing course, your partner will learn some easy yet very profound ways to support you during your birthing. Maybe to your pleasant surprise your partner will become the next “birth whisperer”.
- Hypnobirthing training helps you to learn how to position your baby to prevent a posterior birth.
- In your hypnobirthing classes you will learn how to avoid having stitches, how to avoid being induced and much more.
Nature is wise, so learn to draw on that wisdom to give birth in a most natural, comfortable way. When a woman is healthy and her baby is healthy; her desire for a natural, calm birth can become a reality.
Benefits of using a hypnobirthing CD
Hypnobirthing CD is useful to not only help overcome fear of birth, but also severe symptoms of morning sickness, as well as prenatal and postnatal depression. Also, using a stop smoking CD is a quick and natural method to help a pregnant woman quit smoking during pregnancy without any adverse side effects.
Does Hypnobirthing Work?
Well, a big Yes! Obstetricians, GPs and Midwives are reportedly big fans of Hypnobirthing, they say it makes everyones role easier, more pleasant and enjoyable.
There is no doubt in my mind however, that the biggest fans of hypnobirthing are the pregnant women themselves. Women with first-hand experience of calm, often pain-free births gladly share positive hypnobirthing stories.
Just some benefits of attending Hypnobirthing classes are; breathing methods and self-hypnosis techniques to alleviate pain and discomfort in childbirth. Women say these methods helped them reduce fear, stress and anxiety for shorter, more comfortable birth.
You and your partner will enjoy learning hypnosis skills to help you replace fear and anxiety with calm confidence.
It you are still wondering if Hypnobirthing can be of help to you, then please do not hesitate to contact me. As a registered clinical Hypnotherapist and Hypnobirthing teacher I can guide you through the process of self-hypnosis to calmly bring your baby into the world.
If you are able to imagine your perfect birth and everything in this article just seems like common sense, hypnobirthing is the childbirth education method for you. Hypnosis techniques can help you birth calmly!
If you have any further questions about hypnosis for childbirth, feel free to contact me, I am Katherine Ferris, your local Hypnotherapist and Hypnobirthing Practitioner in Sydney CBD and Annandale. Phone today 02 9568 6801 or complete my contact form or book a session online.