Hypnosis Assists with Unexplained Infertility
Longing to have a baby? Experiencing unexplained problems with conception? Are your stress levels rising? Hypnosis can help…
- Hypnosis for infertility is designed to help you reduce the stress, anxiety and frustration of tearfully or silently suffering with unexplained infertility.
- Studies indicate “infertile” women using hypnosis have far greater conception success rate.
Hypnofertility is becoming popular with couples who are experiencing problems becoming pregnant.
You catch yourself daydreaming of having a gorgeous little baby… but the very next moment you become too afraid to get your hopes up. Every day you stress more about your biological clock ticking. You become preoccupied with falling pregnant…
Unfortunately, you will frequently hear conversations saying that infertility rates are on the rise. People talk about couples trying for a baby and suffering from symptoms of unexplained infertility.
Saying that it is “just not that easy” to have a baby.
Stress and infertility
Conversations about infertility can cause you a great deal of emotional upset. Not to mention the increase in your already soaring stress levels when you are trying to conceive. People just don’t realise how heart wrenching their words can be.
And if you are over 35 this causes you even further stress!
Growing number of couples trying to conceive feel under pressure which creates a great deal of stress in their lives.
Stress hormones, as researchers have established, do not contribute to an environment conducive for pregnancy.
When women continue to worry, their mind transmits stress inducing messages to the body. This in turn will activate the fight-flight response. The body will react to these messages by feeling it is not safe to fall pregnant at this time.
During many conversations with friends and family, it became clear that many people are struggling with the concept. They find it hard to believe that stress or negative emotions can influence some part of your body to interfere with your reproductive organs and have a negative effect on your fertility and conception.
What do you think?
Let’s put this theory to the test.
Watching a movie for example, we know that movies are imaginary, they are not real. Then why is it that we cry, laugh, or even scream at the movies?
The answer; what we see, hear or think is constantly interpreted within our minds and produces a physical effect. A gripping action movie or thriller causes many sweaty palms and hearts pounding.
So, if a movie can produce a physical reaction, why should some of our own thoughts act differently? In particular the unpleasant or negative thoughts and worries?
The fact is that the body reacts no differently to real or imaginary scenarios, it responds to a real threat or an imaginary threat in the same way.
Emotions such as stress, anxiety, fear and constant worry, create tension that can cause a hormonal imbalance in the chemistry of your body and your reproductive system.
We need to give more consideration to what our thoughts are really doing. Because while we are re-living gloomy thoughts of past failures or fearing and stressing about something in the future, our body is producing a response as though it is happening now. It stimulates our nervous system to produce adrenalin flooding our cells, while the hormones needed for conception get depleted.
All the stress and worry and trying too hard, can actually be the underlying cause of your unexplained infertility. When you become too consumed with worry, your negative mind takes over and further undermines your chances.
Many women may be unknowingly and inadvertently causing a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure and infertility.
Stress relief (7 step self hypnosis guide)
You might like to learn more about stress relief, with the help of this easy 7 step guide to help boost your fertility and conception.
Hypnosis is a powerful therapy to reduce your stress and anxiety and to increase your fertility success.
- 1 in 6 couples are infertile
- 40 per cent of the problem is with male infertility
- 40 per cent it is the female
- 10 per cent cases both partners,
- 10 per cent the cause is unknown
List of symptoms causing infertility in women
Here are just some of the more common symptoms of infertility, but there are many more that both women and men have been diagnosed with.
- Endometriosis is an inflammatory menstrual health disorder that affects around 700,000 Australian women. It occurs when tissue that normally lines the uterus grows in other parts of the body. According to an academic report by UNSW endometriosis can cause severe abdominal pain and organ damage, and can lead to mental health complications, social and economic stress and infertility.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition where the follicles fail to ripen, forming little cysts at the periphery of the ovary. PCOS is relatively common, especially in infertile women.
- Fallopian tubes can be partially blocked or scarred and cause issues with conception and pregnancy
- Fibroids within the Uterus can cause infertility issues
- Polyps are described as overgrowths of the endometrium lining and interfere with fertility
- Hormone imbalances as well as ovulation problems can cause delays in conception and contribute to infertility
- Find more information on these conditions listed on Betterhealth.vic.gov.au guidelines
Men and women suffer from infertility issues
- Fertility problems affect 1 in 3 women over the age of 35
- 1 in 25 males have a low sperm count
- 1 in 35 males are sterile
- Only 25 percent of healthy couples become pregnant in their twenties having regular unprotected sex
IVF treatments and infertility hypnotherapy
When natural conception is delayed, couples begin searching for alternative treatments, including IVF.
- 20 per cent of women conceive with an IVF cycle
- 1 per cent of all pregnancies in Australia involve some form of assisted reproductive treatments
Same sex couples undergoing IVF to have a baby
Same sex, lesbian couples wanting to have a baby will consider using IVF to help them to become parents. Each couple, regardless if you are in a lesbian or heterosexual relationship, will more than likely experience similar heartache, health issues and conception delays.
Couples from all walks of life who are undergoing IVF will tell you, you are not alone.
Hormones will play havoc during the IVF procedure and the stress of waiting for results can take a toll on both the mind and body.
Many women worry that they will miss their chance of having a baby. Worry and stress only add to the problem.
Hypnofertility is a non-invasive hypnotherapy program designed to help couples, just like you, who are attempting to conceive naturally or who are considering undergoing IVF treatments.
Hypnofertility Success Stories and Reviews
- Hypnosis helped me with infertility and IVF, I’m 29 weeks pregnant. Yes it all worked in the end. So very excited about the arrival of our little boy ~ Linda J 2013
- We are absolutely over the moon, and I just wanted to thank you so much for helping me get through the IVF process. ~ Sarah 2011
- I am 14 weeks pregnant. I still can’t believe it, I am having a baby! I am over the moon. I am pregnant, and after only two sessions of HypnoFertility! After all those years of trying with IVF and Chinese Herbs without success. I am still pinching myself ~ Cassie 2011
- After the loss of my first pregnancy, I’ve been unable to conceive since. To resolve what happened and to pave the way to fall pregnant again, I had a hypnosis session a few weeks before I tried again, and I was successful the first time around! ~ U.N 2010
- “I didn’t want to tell anyone about my pregnancy before now, didn’t want to jinx it, really wanted to make sure everything was safe and fine. You know – it is just so magical to feel my body changing.”
- My first round of IVF was a success, we are now over 7 weeks pregnant and saw the heartbeat yesterday for the first time. I really think my sessions with you helped me calm down and visualise a successful pregnancy which helped me get to where I am today. ~ Meg M.
List of Studies behind hypnosis for fertility
It is reassuring to learn that studies indicate “infertile” women undergoing IVF and using fertility hypnosis, have far greater success rate in stimulating conception, compared to those not following these methods.
Here is a list of research studies by experts from around the globe, who are proving the effectiveness of hypnosis to stimulate fertility:
- A recent Israeli study by Professor Eliahu Levitas conducted with 185 women, showed that the success rate of IVF doubled from 14% to 28%, when the subjects underwent fertility hypnosis during implantation. Read more information here…
- Dr Alice Domar had her studies published in several important journals, such as Fertility & Sterility (1990 and 2000) and the Journal of the American Medical Women’s Association (1999). She emphasises the importance of “mind/body” techniques, including self-hypnotic suggestions, to reduce stressors interfering with conception and a healthy pregnancy in couples trying for a baby. Dr Domar is the author of Conquering Infertility, and other books on the topic. See Dr Domar’s research published in the Science Daily.
- Dr Gayle Peterson developed a technique called Body-Centred Hypnosis. Dr Peterson found that high anxiety states in the mother must be reduced in order to normalise pregnancy and birth. She cites several research studies that suggest a positive link between fertility and treatments based on hypnosis, providing evidence that fertility hypnotherapy helps couples who are trying to conceive. She is a pioneer in the field of mind/body states and their effects on fertility, pregnancy and birthing.
- Research carried out by the University of Western Australia, further supports the benefit of fertility hypnosis, findings indicate: “There is now compelling evidence that psychosocial stress is a cause of reproductive suppression in women.”
- Dr Ernest L. Rossi specialises in psychobiology, the relationship between the mind and the physical body. He has conducted extensive research to suggest that human genes must be in a state of physical readiness for conception to take place. His findings suggest that hypnotic-type suggestions (such as those found in fertility hypnosis) can activate specific genes involved with fertility and conception and pregnancy. Find more research papers here…
- At the Institute of Applied Psychology in Lisbon, a team of researchers led by Katharina Hirschenhauser has concluded that men who actively want to be fathers automatically adjust their testosterone levels at exactly the right time (the middle of their partners’ menstrual cycles). Perhaps there is no better hypnosis for infertility than for the male partner to suggest to himself that he wants to become a father. Find more information here…
Watch below video interview, Dr. Deborah Gilmour shares valuable information about unexplained infertility and how hypnotherapy or hypnofertility can be of help.
Summary of research into mind-body therapies indicates that hypnosis reduces stress and worry, helping your chances to fall pregnant increase significantly.
To help you manage stress and anxiety, we have produced an infertility hypnosis CD to help with stress and tension and to deal with underlying negative emotions. Hypnotherapy for fertility helps with stress control and makes your journey to conception easier.
Devoting time to feel calm and peaceful enhances your health and wellbeing while trying to fall pregnant. This is the most precious gift you can give yourself in preparation for conception.
How much is a Hypnofertility session price?
Hypnofertility price is $210.00 a session.
To help you meet your individual needs we evaluate your progress to best suit your conception journey. On average four to five sessions are recommended.
In conclusion, growing number of couples trying to conceive feel under pressure, creating a great deal of stress in their lives.
As we have discovered worry and stress only add to the problem. Hypnosis for infertility is a proven method that is designed to help reduce the stress, anxiety and frustration of unexplained infertility, allowing women to feel calmer and in control. Studies indicate “infertile” women using hypnosis have far greater conception and pregnancy success rate.