Hypnofertility Assists with Unexplained Infertility Issues
Hypnofertility or hypnosis for infertility is becoming more popular with couples who are experiencing problems becoming pregnant.
Longing to have a baby? Experiencing unexplained problems with conception? Are your stress levels rising? Hypnosis can help…
- Hypnosis for infertility is designed to help you reduce the stress, anxiety and frustration of tearfully or silently suffering with unexplained infertility.
- Studies indicate “infertile” women using hypnosis have far greater conception success rate.
You catch yourself daydreaming of having a gorgeous little baby… but the very next moment you become too afraid to get your hopes up. Every day you stress more about your biological clock ticking and become preoccupied with falling pregnant… Hypnofertility can help ~
Unfortunately, you will frequently hear conversations that the infertility rates are on the rise. People talk about couples trying for a baby and suffering from symptoms of unexplained infertility.
Saying that it is “just not that easy” to have a baby.
Stress and infertility
Conversations about infertility can cause you a great deal of emotional upset. Not to mention the increase in your already soaring stress levels when you are trying to conceive.
And if you are over 35 you are considered to be at “high-risk”, this causes you even further stress!
Growing number of couples trying to conceive feel under pressure which creates a great deal of stress in their lives.
Stress hormones, as researchers have established, do not contribute to an environment conducive for pregnancy.
When women continue to worry, their mind transmits stress inducing messages to the body. This in turn will activate the fight-flight response. The body will react to these messages by feeling it is not safe to fall pregnant at this time.
All this stress brought on by trying too hard, can actually be the underlying cause of your unexplained infertility. When you become too consumed with worry, your negative mind takes over and further undermines your chances.
Many women may be unknowingly and inadvertently causing a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure and infertility.
Stress relief (5 minute self hypnosis guide)
You might like to learn more about stress relief with this 5 minute guide to help boost your fertility and conception. Hypnosis is a powerful therapy to reduce your stress and anxiety and to increase your fertility success.
- 1 in 6 couples are infertile
- 40 per cent of the problem is with male infertility
- 40 per cent it is the female
- 10 per cent cases both partners,
- 10 per cent the cause is unknown
List of symptoms causing infertility in women
Here are just some of the more common symptoms of infertility, but there are many more that both women and men have been diagnosed with.
- Endometriosis is an inflammatory menstrual health disorder that affects around 700,000 Australian women. It occurs when tissue that normally lines the uterus grows in other parts of the body. It can cause severe abdominal pain and organ damage, and can lead to mental health complications, social and economic stress and infertility, according to an academic report by UNSW
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition where the follicles fail to ripen, forming little cysts at the periphery of the ovary. PCOS is relatively common, especially in infertile women.
- Fallopian tubes can be partially blocked or scarred and cause issues with conception and pregnancy
- Fibroids within the Uterus can cause infertility issues
- Polyps are described as overgrowths of the endometrium lining and interfere with fertility
- Hormone imbalances as well as ovulation problems can cause delays in conception and contribute to infertility
- Find more information on these conditions listed on Betterhealth.vic.gov.au guidelines
Men and women suffer from infertility issues
- Fertility problems affect 1 in 3 women over the age of 35
- 1 in 25 males have a low sperm count
- 1 in 35 males are sterile
- Only 25 percent of healthy couples become pregnant in their twenties having regular unprotected sex
IVF treatments and infertility hypnotherapy
When natural conception is delayed, couples begin searching for alternative treatments, including IVF.
- 20 per cent of women conceive with an IVF cycle
- 1 per cent of all pregnancies in Australia involve some form of assisted reproductive treatments
Same sex couples undergoing IVF to have a baby
Same sex, lesbian couples wanting to have a baby will consider using IVF to help them to become parents. Each couple, regardless if you are in a lesbian or heterosexual relationship, will more than likely experience similar heartache, health issues and conception delays.
Couples from all walks of life who are undergoing IVF will tell you, you are not alone.
Hormones will play havoc during the IVF procedure and the stress of waiting for results can take a toll on both the mind and body.
Many women worry that they will miss their chance of having a baby. Worry and stress only add to the problem.
Hypnofertility is a non-invasive hypnotherapy program designed to help couples, just like you, who are attempting to conceive naturally or who are considering undergoing IVF treatments.
As a qualified hypnotherapist specialising in hypnosis for infertility I am here to help, contact me today.
It is reassuring to learn that studies (see list below) indicate “infertile” women undergoing IVF, using fertility hypnosis, have far greater success rate in stimulating conception, compared to those not following these methods.
List of Studies behind hypnosis for fertility
Here is a list of research studies by experts from around the globe, who are proving the effectiveness of hypnosis to stimulate fertility:
- A recent Israeli study by Professor Eliahu Levitas conducted with 185 women, showed that the success rate of IVF doubled from 14% to 28%, when the subjects underwent fertility hypnosis during implantation. Find more information here…
- Dr Alice Domar had her studies published in several important journals, such as Fertility & Sterility (1990 and 2000) and the Journal of the American Medical Women’s Association (1999). She emphasises the importance of “mind/body” techniques, including self-hypnotic suggestions, to reduce stressors interfering with conception and a healthy pregnancy in couples trying for a baby. Dr Domar is the author of Conquering Infertility, and other books on the topic. See Dr Domar’s research in the Science Daily. Find more information here…
- Dr Gayle Peterson developed a technique called Body-Centred Hypnosis. Dr Peterson found that high anxiety states in the mother must be reduced in order to normalise pregnancy and birth. She cites several research studies that suggest a positive link between fertility and treatments based on hypnosis, providing evidence that fertility hypnotherapy helps couples who are trying to conceive. She is a pioneer in the field of mind/body states and their effects on fertility, pregnancy and birthing.
- Research carried out by the University of Western Australia, further supports the benefit of fertility hypnosis, findings indicate: “There is now compelling evidence that psychosocial stress is a cause of reproductive suppression in women.”
- Dr Ernest L. Rossi specialises in psychobiology, the relationship between the mind and the physical body. He has conducted extensive research to suggest that human genes must be in a state of physical readiness for conception to take place. His findings suggest that hypnotic-type suggestions (such as those found in fertility hypnosis) can activate specific genes involved with fertility and conception and pregnancy. Find more research papers here…
- At the Institute of Applied Psychology in Lisbon, a team of researchers led by Katharina Hirschenhauser has concluded that men who actively want to be fathers automatically adjust their testosterone levels at exactly the right time (the middle of their partners’ menstrual cycles). Perhaps there is no better hypnosis for infertility than for the male partner to suggest to himself that he wants to become a father. Find more research information here…
Watch below video interview, Dr. Deborah Gilmour shares valuable information about unexplained infertility and how hypnotherapy or hypnofertility can be of help.
Summary of research into mind-body therapies indicates that hypnosis reduces stress and worry, helping your chances to fall pregnant increase significantly.
It has been suggested:
Worry = Stress = Negative Hypnosis
Hypnosis = Less Stress = Positive attitude
Hypnofertility Success Stories and Testimonials
- Hypnosis helped me with infertility and IVF, I’m 29 weeks pregnant. Yes it all worked in the end. So very excited about the arrival of our little boy ~ Linda J 2013
- We are absolutely over the moon, and I just wanted to thank you so much for helping me get through the process. ~ Sarah 2011
- I am 14 weeks pregnant. I still can’t believe it, I am having a baby! I am over the moon. I am pregnant, and after only two sessions of HypnoFertility! After all those years of trying with IVF and Chinese Herbs without success. I am still pinching myself ~ Cassie 2011
- After the loss of my first pregnancy, I’ve been unable to conceive since. To resolve what happened and to pave the way to fall pregnant again, I had a hypnosis session a few weeks before I tried again, and I was successful the first time around! ~ U.N 2010
To help you manage stress and anxiety, we have produced an infertility hypnosis CD to deal with tension and underlying negative emotions. Hypnotherapy for fertility helps with stress control and makes your journey to conception easier.
Devoting time to feel calm and peaceful enhances your health and wellbeing while trying to fall pregnant. This is the most precious gift you can give yourself in preparation for conception.
How much is a Hypnofertility session price?
Hypnofertility price is $210.00 a session.
To help you meet your individual needs we evaluate your progress to best suit your conception journey. On average four to five sessions are recommended.
In conclusion, growing number of couples trying to conceive feel under pressure, creating a great deal of stress in their lives.
As we have discovered worry and stress only add to the problem. Hypnosis for infertility is a proven method that is designed to help reduce the stress, anxiety and frustration of unexplained infertility, allowing women to feel calmer and in control. Studies indicate “infertile” women using hypnosis have far greater conception and pregnancy success rate.
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy or to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session for infertility, please call Katherine Ferris, a Clinical Hypnotherapist, specialising in HypnoFertility, located in Sydney CBD and Annandale, Inner West on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.
Written by Katherine Ferris Hypnotherapist (Hypnofertility Specialist)