Suffering with Insomnia?
Everyone suffers with a sleepless night, now and again. But, insomnia and restless sleep, night after night, is a seriously unpleasant condition. And unfortunately, chronic insomnia rates are continuing to rise.
Insomnia Hypnosis treatments offer a great deal of success in improving sleep quality for sufferers of chronic sleep deprivation and insomnia.
The underlying reasons for lack of sleep are different from one person to the next.
Lack of sleep can be brought on by emotional stress, anxiety, or a racing mind. Wakefulness is also caused by side effects of medications, stimulants, hormonal changes or physical stress and strain. Then there are those who have exam nerves, work pressure, nightmares or struggle with sleepwalking.
People who suffer from frequent bouts of wakefulness and insomnia tell me just how stressful and exhausting it really is. They describe the frustration of lying awake with their mind racing, They find it’s almost impossible to switch off.
Once the wakefulness disorder and sleeplessness takes hold, it can cause many unwanted emotional problems like; frustration, fatigue, fogginess.
Not to mention lack of concentration and stress, anxiety and irritability.
Insomnia has serious consequences on your health, but sleep hypnosis offers a beneficial solution
It’s imperative, for your overall health, to get a good nights sleep. If you are chronically sleep deprived, it interferes with your wellbeing, emotionally and physically. Lack of sleep limits the body’s ability to repair and replenish. Sleep is very important for mental health.
During deep sleep cycles the body naturally repairs and heals itself. Hormone levels are restored, the mind is refreshed, and a variety of other important health benefits happen. In other words, when we are deprived of quality sleep, we’re putting our mental and physical health at risk.
Sleep hypnosis for insomnia sufferers is a beneficial solution to get you to sleep faster and stay asleep longer. A trained Hypnotherapist can offer relief to those who suffer from lack of sleep.
According to the Sleep Health Foundation we are in the grip of a sleep deprivation epidemic; dragging down nation’s productivity; risking safety and damaging mental health.
Research at the Sleep Foundation suggests that 33 to 45 per cent of adults sleep poorly or not sufficiently long enough most nights. They face the new day with fatigue, irritability and other unpleasant side effects of sleep deprivation.
Long-term insomniacs develop an anxiety about falling asleep. Insomnia sufferers precondition their mind to think that falling asleep is a struggle. Research has shown hypnosis to be effective for overcoming this negative conditioning.
The fear of sleepless nights also causes many people to take sleeping pills or sedatives. Unfortunately, sleeping pills can potentially have a negative effect on your health and wellbeing, particularly if taken too frequently.
Poor sleep affects quality of daily life:
- it disrupts focus and memory
- causes bad moods and depression
- affects immune system and energy
- speeds up ageing process
- affects sex drive and stamina
- causes lethargy and lack of motivation
Hypnotherapy for insomnia
As a Clinical Hypnotherapist I understand that insomnia has many different causes and I will structure an individual hypnosis treatment to suit your needs.
Yes, the same insomnia treatment will not be right for every person. But together we can determine what is causing your sleep problems and find a solution to suit your individual needs.
For example, if you suffer a great deal of stress and anxiety, then helping you to manage your stress will be our priority.
Are deadlines or worry causing you to stay awake?
Why are you waking up at the same time every night unable to go back to sleep?
Insomnia depends on the underlying causes – is falling asleep the issue, or are you waking up too frequently?
Is your insomnia due to nightmares or sleepwalking?
Hypnotherapy relief for insomnia caused by stress of final exams
How well do you remember studying all night and cramming at the last moment, getting anxious, developing exam nerves? I remember it well.
Does that sound like you too?
Looking back in hindsight, it would have been so much better if I had started studying much earlier, rather than leaving it till the last minute.
Other facts I did not consider when staying up late to study were; lack of sleep affects mood and causes fatigue, irritability and anxiety.
Chronic lack of sleep reduces your ability to concentrate and study, which directly affects your memory and exam performance.
Did you know that Hypnotherapy can be of help with your exam nerves and concentration.
7 tips to calm your nerves and improve sleep habits
- Wind down with a good book
- Soak in a hot bath
- Have a relaxing massage
- Breathe calmly and deeply
- Use calming scents, aromatherapy
- Put on a sleeping mask, listen to relaxing music
- Listen to a sleep CD
Sleep Hygiene Tips
In the meantime here are several sleep hygiene tips that may improve your quality of sleep:
- Don’t drink alcohol before bedtime: Alcohol is a depressant and will dehydrate your body leaving you hungover the next morning
- Avoid drinking water: If you frequently wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, try reducing your fluid intake several hours before bed.
- Caffeinated drinks are to be avoided: Try warm milk or hot chocolate or calming herbal tea.
- Dinner and diet: Avoid ‘hot’ or spicy food, some meat dishes can be heavy to digest. Stop eating late meals or very large meals.
- Improve your bedroom environment: Keep it dark and quiet, try wearing earplugs if you have noisy neighbours.
- Reduce distractions: Don’t have any distractions in the bedroom such as TV or talk-back radio.
- Wifi frequencies interfere with sleep quality – Leave your Mobile, Laptop or iPad out of the bedroom
- Remove electrical power plugs: Minimise electrical items next to your bed – alarm clocks, electric blankets.
- Breathing techniques can help you fall asleep: Learn how to calm the mind with breathing exercises
Hypnosis CD for sleep
Hypnosis Cds are highly recommended to help you drift off to sleep. The words on the Sleep CD soothe the mind and switch off the mind chatter, as a result your body will relax deeply. You will fall asleep quicker and look forward to staying asleep longer each night, as you listen to the rain meditation, sleep hypnosis CD.
Or you could decide that first you’ll need a few one-on-one hypnotherapy sessions, to help you deal with the underlying cause of insomnia.
Whatever you choose, remember that hypnotherapy success also needs a commitment. You must commit to follow through to notice the results, just like with any other treatment method.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get instant results. On average, it takes four to five sessions to achieve lasting benefits.
- I had been suffering with insomnia and restlessness for a very long time. I tried a variety of treatments to no avail. Sometimes I just had to take a sleeping pill, but the fear of becoming reliant on them stopped me from taking them too frequently. It has been some time now since I had my sessions with you and the problem has gone away. I sleep soundly and I have more energy. ~ Geoff – 14th Nov 2004
- It is with gratitude that I write you to let you know how much the Sleep CD has meant to me and the difference I feel. Prior to buying the first hypnosis CD from you I was very tired and lethargic all the time, I had no drive, no motivation. Then I started to sleep better while listening to your voice on the CD and it helped me regain some much needed energy. ~ A.S NSW – May 2009
- I highly recommend Katherine. She is a very talented hypnotherapist who after only 2 consultations sorted out my sleeping problems. I am in debt (so is my wife) for helping me overcome, my long term sleeplessness. I would not hesitate to see her again, I had never tried anything like this before and it has really opened my eyes. Thanks ~ Lucas C. 26 Feb, 2014
In conclusion, when insomnia is left untreated, it’s only a matter of time before people are faced with having to endure fatigue and unpleasant and stressful side effects.
The fear of yet another sleepless night causes many people to take sleeping pills or sedatives, which can potentially have a negative impact on your health and wellbeing, particularly if taken too frequently.
I’m sure you will agree with me: the sooner you get some help, the sooner you will stop suffering.
Hypnotherapy is said to be a natural solution for sleeping deeply and soundly and avoiding potential side effects of insomnia and sleeplessness.
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy for Insomnia or if you want to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session, get in touch with Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist based in Sydney CDB and Annandale, InnerWest on 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.