Hypnosis for Insomnia Sufferers
Everyone suffers with a sleepless night, now and again.
But, insomnia and restless sleep, night after night, is a seriously unpleasant condition.
When you suffer from frequent bouts of insomnia, you know just how stressful and exhausting it really is!
The frustration of lying awake with your mind racing, You find it’s almost impossible to switch off.
Insomnia Hypnosis treatments offer you potential for a great deal of success in improving your sleep quality. Hypnotherapy techniques offer lasting relief to sufferers of chronic insomnia.
Put a stop to your exhaustion and sleep deprivation. Read on… find out more.
Reasons for lack of sleep are different for each of us
Lack of sleep can be brought on by emotional stress, anxiety, or a racing mind. Wakefulness can also come from side effects such as:
- medications, stimulants
- hormonal changes
- emotional stress
- physical stress and strain
- work pressure and deadlines
- exam nerves
Once sleeplessness takes hold, it can cause you many unwanted emotional problems like; frustration, fatigue, fogginess.
Not to mention lack of concentration, anxiety and irritability.
Insomnia has serious consequences on your health – hypnosis offers a lasting solution
It’s imperative for your overall health, to get a good nights sleep. If you are chronically sleep deprived, it interferes with your wellbeing, emotionally and physically. Lack of sleep limits the body’s ability to repair and replenish.
During deep sleep cycles your body naturally repairs and heals itself. Hormone levels are restored.
As a result of deep sleep your mind is refreshed. Sleep is very important for mental health.
And a variety of other important health benefits happen during deep sleep.
In other words, when you are deprived of good quality sleep, you’re putting your mental and physical health at risk.
Sleep hypnosis for insomnia sufferers is a beneficial solution to get you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. A trained Hypnotherapist can offer relief to those of you who suffer from lack of sleep.
According to the Sleep Health Foundation we are in the grip of a sleep deprivation epidemic; dragging down nation’s productivity; risking safety and damaging our mental health.
Research at the Sleep Foundation suggests that 33 to 45 per cent of adults sleep poorly or not sufficiently long enough most nights. They face the new day with fatigue, irritability and other unpleasant side effects of sleep deprivation.
Long-term insomniacs develop an anxiety about falling asleep. Insomnia sufferers precondition their mind to think that falling asleep is a struggle. Research has shown hypnosis to be effective for overcoming this negative conditioning.
The fear of sleepless nights also causes many people to take sleeping pills or sedatives. Unfortunately, sleeping pills can potentially have a negative effect on your health and wellbeing, particularly if taken too frequently.
Poor sleep affects quality of your daily life:
- it disrupts focus and memory
- causes bad moods and depression
- affects immune system and energy
- speeds up ageing process
- affects sex drive and stamina
- causes lethargy and lack of motivation
- fatigue and irritability
Hypnotherapy for insomnia
As a Clinical Hypnotherapist I understand that insomnia has many different causes. I will structure an individual hypnosis treatment to suit your needs.
Yes of course, the same insomnia treatment will not be right for every person. But together we can determine what is causing your sleep problems and find a solution to suit your individual needs.
For example, if you suffer a great deal of stress and anxiety, then helping you to manage your stress will be our priority. Is your insomnia due to nightmares or sleepwalking?
Are deadlines or financial worry causing you to stay awake?
Is falling asleep the issue, or are you waking up too frequently during the night?
We will explore reasons why you wake up at the same time every night, unable to go back to sleep.
Hypnotherapy for insomnia caused by exam stress
Do you remember studying all night? Cramming at the last minute, getting anxious, developing exam nerves? I remember it well.
Does that sound like you too?
Looking back in hindsight, it would have been so much better if I had started studying much earlier. Rather than leaving it till the last minute.
Other things I didn’t consider when staying up late to study:
- lack of sleep affects mood and memory
- reduces focus and concentration
- causes fatigue, irritability and anxiety
Chronic lack of sleep reduces your ability to concentrate and study. This directly affects your memory and exam performance.
Did you know that Hypnotherapy can also be of help with overcoming your exam nerves and to improve your focus and concentration.
7 tips to calm your nerves and improve sleep habits
- Wind down with a good book
- Soak in a hot bath before bed
- Have a relaxing massage
- Breathe calmly and deeply
- Use calming scents, aromatherapy
- Put on a sleeping mask
- Listen to relaxing music
- Listen to a sleep CD
Sleep Hygiene Tips
In the meantime here are several sleep hygiene tips that may improve your quality of sleep:
- Don’t drink alcohol before bedtime: Alcohol is a depressant and will dehydrate your body leaving you hungover the next morning
- Avoid drinking water: If you frequently wake up during the night to go to the bathroom, try reducing your fluid intake several hours before bed.
- Caffeinated drinks are stimulants to be avoided: Try warm milk or hot chocolate or calming herbal tea.
- Dinner and diet: Avoid ‘hot’ or spicy food, some meat dishes can be heavy to digest. Stop eating late meals or very large meals.
- Improve your bedroom environment: Keep it dark and quiet, try wearing earplugs if you have noisy neighbours.
- Reduce distractions: Don’t have any distractions in the bedroom such as TV or talk-back radio.
- Wifi frequencies interfere with sleep quality – Leave your Mobile, Laptop or iPad out of the bedroom
- Remove electrical power plugs: Minimise electrical items next to your bed – alarm clocks, electric blankets.
- Breathing techniques can help you fall asleep: Learn how to calm the mind with breathing exercises
Hypnosis CD for sleep
Hypnosis Cds are highly recommended to help you drift off to sleep. The words on the Rain Meditation Sleep CD soothe the mind and switch off the mind chatter. As a result your body will relax deeply. You will fall asleep quicker and look forward to staying asleep longer. Each night you can listen to the rain meditation, sleep hypnosis CD.
On the other hand, you could decide that first you’ll have some one-on-one hypnotherapy sessions, to help you deal with the underlying causes of insomnia.
Whatever you choose, remember that hypnotherapy success needs your commitment. You must commit to the treatment to notice the results, just like with any other treatment method.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get instant results. On average, it takes four to five sessions to achieve lasting benefits.
- I had been suffering with insomnia and restlessness for a very long time. I tried a variety of treatments to no avail. Sometimes I just had to take a sleeping pill, but the fear of becoming reliant on them stopped me from taking them too frequently. It has been some time now since I had my sessions with you and the problem has gone away. I sleep soundly and I have more energy. ~ Geoff – 14th Nov 2004
- It is with gratitude that I write you to let you know how much the Sleep CD has meant to me and the difference I feel. Prior to buying the first hypnosis CD from you I was very tired and lethargic all the time, I had no drive, no motivation. Then I started to sleep better while listening to your voice on the CD and it helped me regain some much needed energy. ~ A.S NSW – May 2009
- I highly recommend Katherine. She is a very talented hypnotherapist who after only 2 consultations sorted out my sleeping problems. I am in debt (so is my wife) for helping me overcome, my long term sleeplessness. I would not hesitate to see her again, I had never tried anything like this before and it has really opened my eyes. Thanks ~ Lucas C. 26 Feb, 2014
In conclusion, when insomnia is left untreated, it’s only a matter of time before you are faced with to fatigue and unpleasant, stressful side effects.
The fear of yet another sleepless night causes many people to take sleeping pills or sedatives. Which can potentially have a negative impact on your health and wellbeing. Particularly if taken too frequently.
I’m sure you will agree with me: the sooner you get some help, the sooner you will stop suffering.
Hypnotherapy is said to be a natural solution for sleeping deeply and soundly and to avoid potential side effects of insomnia and sleeplessness.
For more information on clinical hypnotherapy for Insomnia or to make an appointment for a hypnosis therapy session, get in touch with me. I am Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist based in Sydney CDB and Annandale, Inner West Sydney. Ph: 02 9568 6801, complete my contact form or book a session online.