The following article appeared in the “Body love” section of the November 2009 edition of the of Cosmopolitan Magazine. The page was entitled “Healthy, sexy, strong: Abundant tips for beating stress”.
Katherine Ferris, from Sydney Wellbeing Centre teaches you how to get into a self-hypnosis meditation:
- Sit quietly for five minutes: eyes closed, breathing deeply and slowly.
- Count to four as you breathe in. Pause.
- Count to eight as you breathe out.
- Focus on your forehead: let it relax.
- Relax your jaw and your face.
- Let tension fade from the back of your neck, shoulders and spine.
- Continue the breathing rhythm as you relax your body.
You are now teaching your body to release stress and tension.
- Each time you meditate, it becomes easier.
- Normal everyday sounds around you can help you relax even more.
- Breathe in: feel centred and calm – an inner strength develops.
- Breathe out: disperse obstacles standing in the way of the enjoyment of your life.
Now send loving thoughts to your family, friends and yourself.
- Thank the universe for providing you with health and wellbeing.
- Feel a deep gratitiude for all the good things in your life.
- You can now remain centred and refreshed, long after you open your eyes, no matter where you are.