Deep down we all know that relaxation is good for you.
A deeply relaxed state is good for fertility too.
But, this kind of relaxation isn’t the sort of switching off you do with a cup of tea or relaxing on your sofa.
Boost your fertility with hypnosis. Below you will find an easy 7 step self-hypnosis guide to increase your chances of conception, either naturally of with IVF.
You will also learn how to avoid the stress associated with delays in conception and pregnancy.
Stress as we will see, has far reaching negative effects on fertility and conception.
Hypnosis treatments are particularly successful for couples who have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Stress has been found to be an underlying factor of infertility.
When you are stressed, worried, depressed, anxious, jealous or angry, you are unknowingly using your imagination to work against you. Hypnotherapy will help you to use your imagination more constructively, in a way that’s in your best interests.
Hypnotherapy helps reduce stress and anxiety in patients.
Further confirming the connection between stress and infertility is a research study carried out by the University of Western Australia which found: “significant associations between stress and fertility” as a cause of reproductive suppression in women. Studies indicate “infertile” women using hypnosis have an increased conception success rate as compared to those not following these methods.
Hypnosis has been so successful in fact, that now a specialised field of hypnosis exists, appropriately called Hypnofertility.
When you are calm, your body is able to conserve resources needed for conception and for creating new life.
Relaxation Response for conception
Professor Dr. Herbert Benson says the “Relaxation Response” (experienced most profoundly in hypnosis) can be just as powerful as any medical drug, without the side-effects.
“What you’re looking for is a state of deep relaxation where tension is released from your body on a physical level and, your mind completely switches off”.
You can only really achieve this by learning specific techniques such as self-hypnosis and meditation.
Hypnosis reduces stress and anxiety. It’s widely used to boost fertility and increase the chances of conception, both naturally and through IVF.
So take a relaxing deep breath and read on…
Boost your fertility chances with a 7 step guide (daily practice of Self-hypnosis to ramp up your chances of conception)
Spend a few minutes, once or twice each day in a relaxed state of hypnosis. All the while you will be reinforcing a self belief that will plant the seeds necessary to create your pregnancy success
- Find a place where you will not be disturbed for a while. Settle yourself comfortably. Either sitting or lying down. Close your eyes, get quiet and still, become aware of your breathing, relax… Let your head, neck and shoulders relax more with each breath. Feel your breath flowing through your nose, into your lungs and down into your abdomen as you relax even more. Feel your breath gently soothe you, connect to your body in a loving way. See yourself drift within to the inner space where you will welcome your baby.
- Imagine yourself in a future moment, several months from now, happily pregnant. Boost your fertility chances with positive imagery in self hypnosis. Feel the wonderful changes taking place in your body. Vividly create every detail in this future moment. Imagine the happy emotions. Feel the pleasant physical sensations as your baby starts stirring and kicking inside you. Make it very real!
- Feel yourself living each day being pregnant and healthy. Put yourself into this future moment and feel it as a NOW moment. Feel yourself living everyday as a happy, pregnant mum. What other emotions do you have now that you are pregnant? What other positive changes have happened in the process?
- Celebrate your success with your partner. Look back at the past from this future moment. Notice what it feels like to know that the two of you are going to be parents. You are going to have a baby… you have succeeded! How do you feel? Celebrate, feel the emotions of your success!
- To re-alert to wakeful state of awareness just take a few deeper breaths. Allow yourself a few moments, become more aware of your body as you wiggle your fingers and toes. Have a gentle stretch and feel refreshed and alert.
- Repeat the above visualisation and self-hypnosis, over and over. Do it every day, again and again.
- Self-hypnosis repetition is the key to success.
The more time you spend practicing your self-hypnosis methods the better you’ll get, the more likely the chances of success.
- Stress, negative emotions, fear of giving birth or past trauma can be a contributing factor or an underlying symptom of infertility.
- When you are depressed, anxious, jealous or angry, you are using your imagination to work against you. Self-hypnosis will help you use your imagination more constructively.
- Seek help from a trained hypnotherapist to help you overcome any underlying emotional causes of unexplained infertility
Conception without stress
But just how does stress have such wide-ranging and negative effects on fertility and conception? Negative effects of stress on your body are due to the fight-flight response. As a result your body will release stress-hormones, adrenalin and cortisol. Stress also raises the heart rate and blood pressure, weakens immunity and lowers fertility.
Emotions such as stress, anxiety, fear and constant worry, create tension that can cause a hormonal imbalance in the chemistry of your body and your reproductive system. When you become too consumed with worry, your negative mind takes over and further undermines your chances.
Anxiety and stress relays messages to your reproductive system that its not safe to fall pregnant. Reason being, while your body is in fight-flight mode, its going to completely ignore your desired quest to have a baby.
By contrast, the state of self-hypnosis and relaxation is linked to higher levels of feel-good chemicals such as; serotonin and the growth hormones which repair cells and tissue. Indeed, many studies show that the Relaxation Response has virtually the opposite effect to stress. When you are calm and relaxed you are lowering your heart rate, boosting your immunity. You are also boosting your fertility and helping your body to thrive.
Greater chances of conception with hypnosis
Hypnosis sessions with a hypnotherapist have proven to be so successful in fact, that now a specialised field of hypnosis exists, appropriately called HypnoFertility. These treatments are particularly successful for couples who have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
Even science is catching up – comprehensive scientific studies show that hypnosis and deep relaxation changes your body on a genetic level.
Research at Harvard University, led by Dr Herbert Benson asked a control group to start practising self hypnosis relaxation methods every day. Researchers noted: “after two months, participants bodies began to change – the genes that help fight inflammation, kill diseased cells, protect the body from cancer and increase fertility, all began to switch on. We found that a range of disease-fighting genes became active in the relaxation participants, that were not active in the control group.”
In conclusion, stress can delay conception by sending the wrong signals to your body, indicating that it is not safe to conceive. But stress can be managed by learning relaxation and hypnosis techniques.
Furthermore, listening to a Fertility Cd to create a Relaxation Response, can be of enormous help to couples having issues with fertility and conception.
For more information or to make an appointment get in touch, I’m Katherine Ferris, a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist.
CH, Dip. PSH, GSPP
Hypnotherapist – Sydney Wellbeing Centre
I provide hypnotherapy services for mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
Hypnotherapy brings quick relief from stress and anxiety, panic attacks, and habits and addictions, to stop smoking and gambling.
With 20+ years experience as a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist I run the practice at Sydney Wellbeing Centre.