Pregnancy is a life changing experience.
Undoubtedly, you’re going through many emotions, from excitement to worry.
Being pregnant makes you stress and worry about smoking and, naturally you worry about it’s effects on your unborn baby.
Nevertheless, you are still finding it difficult to quit.
I know just how difficult it is to beat the habit on your own.
Rest assured that you can quit smoking safely and quickly with the help of hypnotherapy.
Of course, you already know about the many health risks associated with smoking in pregnancy.
You know that cigarette smoke contains numerous harmful substances. Some of the more toxic for you and your baby are nicotine, carbon monoxide and cyanide.
You’ve already tried to cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day, but for your baby’s sake you now want to quit for good.
Why is it so difficult to Quit Smoking in pregnancy?
The thought of quitting is stressful and almost impossible for you to contemplate. You’ve been reading online that many women stop in pregnancy and take it up again later.
And you don’t want to do that.
You want to put cigarettes out of your life for good.
Statistics gathered by the Tobacco industry show a high rate of failure to quit during pregnancy:
- “About 20 to 30% of women do quit after they become pregnant
- Half relapse within 6 months after delivery, especially if their partner smokes or they live with other smokers.
- About 70% take up smoking again, within a year after giving birth.
- A 2016 review examined whether women receiving smoking cessation interventions during pregnancy, maintained long-term abstinence.
- Results showed that among the women who were offered some sort of smoking cessation intervention, 13% were able to quit sometime during the pregnancy and remain abstinent when they delivered.
- The other 87% of women either tried to quit and were unsuccessful, or did not attempt to quit.
- Of the 13% that did quit, almost half (43%) started smoking again by six months, highlighting the need for sustained and effective cessation support after delivery.”
Smoking is a habit that is unfortunately difficult to overcome by willpower alone.
Even though nicotine replacement substances are available in the marketplace, many are not safe or recommended during pregnancy.
Question: What’s a natural way to quit smoking?
Answer: Quit with Hypnosis…
The health benefits for stopping smoking at anytime are immense and this is particularly true for pregnant mums. Women need support in pregnancy and they need support with healthy alternatives to stop smoking.
Rest assured, you are not alone. There is a lot you can do to quit smoking sooner, rather than later.
Quit smoking with hypnotherapy!
Hypnosis to Stop smoking has been found to be a proven, safe and quick method to quit smoking during pregnancy.
Smoking, just like all addictions, is a repetitive ‘habit’ that your mind is running automatically.
The mind works almost identically to a computer; it continues to run the same habitual instructions until they are changed.
While this inner ‘smoking program’ continues to run amok through your mind, you will continue to smoke. External changes to the habit will be made more quickly with hypnosis, which helps you change the inner ‘habit’ without stress and emotional turmoil.
Stress-free steps to stop smoking
To help you prepare to quit, I have put together some easy, stress free steps you can take right now…
- Learn self hypnosis and practice with these easy to follow steps to help you on the road to freedom.
- You will also find a Hypnosis CD for stop smoking of enormous benefit to maintain your quest to remain a non-smoker.
- Breathe deeply to overcome the urge to smoke. Drink plenty of fresh water, with a squeeze of lemon or lime. Add more fruit to your diet, including fruit with vitamin C, like oranges and lemons.
Conclusion, hypnotherapy is a very effective way to help you go to the source, the subconscious-mind, to change the bad habit. Hypnosis to stop smoking is a safe and easy way to help you quit smoking for good. Listening to the hypnosis CD, or practising self-hypnosis on daily basis, will help you quit easily.
Other useful information about effects of smoking during pregnancy you can check out at Australian Government QuitNow.
Get in touch for more information on hypnosis to quit smoking or to make an appointment for a hypnosis session. I’m Katherine Ferris, your local stop smoking specialist and an experienced Registered Hypnotherapist in Annandale and Sydney CBD, call me on 02 9568 6801.
CH, Dip. PSH, GSPP
Hypnotherapist – Sydney Wellbeing Centre
Mindfulness hypnotherapy services for emotional health and wellbeing. Hypnotherapy brings quick relief from stress and anxiety, panic attacks, habits and addictions, to stop smoking and gambling.
With 20+ years experience as a Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist I own and run the practice at Sydney Wellbeing Centre.