Have you noticed that weight issues and obesity in our community are becoming more common and widespread?
Binge eating, sugar cravings, snacking, emotional eating and yoyo dieting are causing weight gain.
But how do you know if you are at that critical point of becoming overweight?
To help you maintain a healthy body shape and size, below information will estimate your Body Mass Ratio.
To assess if you are overweight here is a BMI Chart
BMI is an index chart of weight-to-height ratio and is calculated as weight in kilograms divided by the height in metres squared (kg/m2).
For example, an adult who weighs 70 kilos and is 1.75m tall has a BMI of 22.9.
- BMI = 70 kg / (1.75 m2) = 70 / 3.06 = 22.9
Below Body Fat Percentage Chart not only reveals the percentage of body fat, but the Heart Foundation also gives you a clearer guide as to whether your weight is likely to become a serious problem for your overall health and wellbeing.
Underweight BMI = below 18.50
Normal BMI Range = ≥24.99
Overweight BMI = ≥30.00
Obese BMI Range = ≥35.00+
Now that you know your BMI score, you are in a better position to decide if you would benefit from Hypnotherapy to turn your life around and to get your weight under control.
Obesity is the reason behind the growing demand for Hypno-Gastric-Band, a specialised field of hypnotherapy.
What is Virtual Gastric-Band Hypnosis
If you have not heard about this form of hypnotherapy for weight loss before, you may well be asking: “What is the advantage of Hypno-Gastric-Band” therapy?
The benefits are similar to those of a gastric band surgery; where a band is placed around the stomach, so patients would afterwards eat smaller portions; feel fuller and ultimately lose weight.
All this is possible without the actual surgical procedure. The results vary from person to person, not everyone responds in the same way. This is true of the surgical procedure, as it is for hypnotherapy treatments.
Virtual hypnotherapy treatment called Hypno-Gastric-Band is a specialised field of hypnotherapy. It is specifically designed to help the mind and body create a ‘virtual reality’ and believe that a gastric band had been fitted, effectively reducing appetite and the size of the stomach.
About Hypno-Gastric-Band Hypnotherapy sessions?
Allow me to briefly describe the Hypno-Gastric-Band hypnotherapy sessions, which consist of four one hour sessions.
Our initial session may or may not involve any hypnosis. Instead, it may be more important to fully identify underlying reasons that are contributing to weight gain, such as; skipping breakfast, snacking, comfort eating or eating absentmindedly while watching television. We can identify healthier “choices” that will make weight loss easier.
- The first session is spent taking your full history, exploring your individual needs, helping you understand how hypnosis works and if time allows guiding you to experience hypnosis and to motivate you to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Next session we will use hypnosis to prepare you for the “hypno-gastric-band procedure,” to get you familiar with reducing the size of your stomach, so you will eat less. This session will also help identify and eliminate issues relating to your comfort eating or issues with negative self-image or any other negative emotions that you associate with eating.
- During the third session of hypnotherapy you will be guided through the “gastric band procedure” and given specific suggestions on having a reduced stomach size, which ultimately leads to weight loss. Along the way many helpful suggestions are made for better ways to continue to live a healthier lifestyle, including increased motivation for exercise.
- Final session of hypnosis is vital for overseeing your progress and to make any adjustments needed. We will look for any aspects of weight loss or motivation you struggle with and tailor your session around these.
Clients weight loss feedback…
Jane said: “After the first few sessions I noticed several changes in my daily routine, I ate healthier meals and went for long walks”.
Sharon said: “I started to eat breakfast in the mornings, I walked to work and I used the stairs instead of the escalator.”
Chris said that: “I cut out soft drinks and now only drink water with meals” and “I also feel fuller quicker, even though I’m eating less”.
Ultimately, the best way to reach your desired weight, shape and size is when it’s gradual.
Try not to expect overnight results, but continue to eat healthier meals, stick to smaller portions and chew thoroughly.
Continue being active, walking and working out and watch the weight melt off.
Hypnosis for weight loss is like having your mind create a virtual reality, where your brain is reprogrammed to naturally help you slim down and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The weight loss results vary from one person to the next, not everyone responds in the same way. This is true of the actual gastric band surgical procedure, as it is for hypnotherapy gastric band treatments.
Written by Katherine Ferris, clinical hypnotherapist